INITIAL EXAMS AT MESCHKE ORTHODONTICS
Meschke Orthodontics is always excited about meeting new patients during their first visit to our office! We start preparing for your visit before you even walk in the door. Prior to your appointment we will call your family dentist and request a panoramic X-ray to help us with your initial examination. If a current panoramic X-ray is not available and Dr. Meschke determines one is needed, we can – with your permission – take a panoramic X-ray at your initial appointment. During this initial visit Dr. Meschke will complete a thorough examination and if necessary, discuss potential orthodontic treatment options.
The Initial Examination
- What conditions can orthodontics address?
- Is treatment needed now or should treatment be delayed until appropriate growth, tooth eruption or other factors have occurred?
- What treatment procedures will be used to correct the problem?
- How long will treatment last?
- How much will it cost?
- What are the payment options?
We want our patients to leave the office with a clear understanding of their specific needs, what treatment will consist of and how long it will take.
If you have orthodontic insurance, please assist us by bringing along your insurance card. By providing this information at your first visit, we will be able to give you an estimate of your costs.